Information for Parents
1. School Contact Numbers
20 Boon Lay Drive Singapore 649930
|General Office||6316 0998||School Fax||6316 0209|
External Service Providers Contact List
Eng Seng Book Store
25 Bukit Batok Crescent #02-04 Singapore 658066
|School Bus Operator||Beng Tat Transport Service|
48 Yunnan Walk Singapore 638179
Tel: 6792 5548
Kah Huat Dress-maker
Blk 115A Commonwealth Drive
#04-15/16 Singapore 1495996
Tel: 6479 6811
Our Uniform Vendor's office at Commonwealth Drive will not be able to accept all onsite purchases and customer walk-ins. Customers are able to obtain their uniforms by purchasing directly from the school's bookshop or order through KH Uniform's website https://www.khuniform.com for home delivery.
|Dental Clinic||Tel: 67957542|
|Big Heart Student Care@Boon Lay||HP: 98552562|
(11am to 6.45pm from Monday to Friday)
2) School Curriculum Hours
|Levels||Days||Curriculum Hours||Reporting Time|
|P1 and P2||Monday to Friday||7.30 am - 1.30 pm||Report to the school by 7.15 am|
|P3, P4, P5||Monday to Friday|
|7.30 am - 1.30 pm||Report to the school by 7.15 am|
|P6|| Monday to Friday|
|7.30 am - 2.30 pm||Report to the school by 7.15 am|
|P3, P4, P5 and P6||Thursday |
|7.30 am - 3.30 pm||Report to the school by 7.15 am|
3) Co- Curricular Activity (CCA)
CCA is a crucial platform in developing talents and shaping the characters of our students. To encourage all students to participate in CCA and to promote the interaction amongst students across the different levels, the school will continue to embark on a common CCA slot for P3 – P6 students.
CCA will be conducted on Thursday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
4) CCA Policy
- To enable students to have an all-round education, all P3 – P6 students are expected to take part in at least one CCA from the 4 groups, namely Physical Sports, Uniformed Groups, Visual and Performing Arts, and Clubs and Societies.
- Students are expected to achieve an attendance rate of at least 90%. Absences must be supported by medical certificates or excuse letters from parents.
- To ensure continuity of students’ learning, students are not allowed to change CCA unless due to valid reasons, supported by medical certificates or letters from parents.
- Request for change of CCA will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. For matters pertaining to changing of CCA, students should approach their respective CCA teacher-in-charge. While the request is being processed, the student will have to remain in the CCA until further notice has been given.
5) CCA Attire
- Students are expected to be dressed appropriately during all CCA sessions. Students are allowed to wear their CCA T-shirt for the whole day only on Thursday. On days with extra practice, students are allowed to be in their CCA attire only during CCA.
- Students are allowed to wear their CCA shoes during CCA. They are expected to be in white shoes before and after their CCA.
6) School Safety & Security
Main entrance General Office
|Monday to Friday:||6.00 am – 7.00 pm 7.30 am – 5.30 pm|
7.30 am to 1.00 pm Closed
6.30 am – 7.00 pm 7.30 am – 5.00 pm
In view of the limited parking space within the school premise, parents are advised not to drive into the school premise as parking is not allowed.
If you are walking your child to school, please cross the road at the designated pedestrian crossings.
Sale of canteen food to outsiders is not allowed.
To help our students to develop a greater sense of responsibility and self-management skills, the school will not allow parents to enter the school to pass items or money to their children except in exceptional cases (e.g. medication for asthma, spectacles for lessons).
- Parents are advised to wait outside the school gates during dismissal time.
- On rainy days at dismissal time, parents will be allowed to wait at designated place within the school premise.
8) Permission to Leave Early
- Students are not allowed to leave the school premises on their own during school hours.
- If a student is sick and has to be taken home before dismissal, the parent/guardian is required to report to the General Office and record his/her particulars before leaving the school with his/her child.
- Parents/Guardians who wish to take their children home early must first obtain permission from the Principal.